The green cardamom that we offer is renowned for its incredible flavour, potent aroma, and delectable taste. Due to this, it is mostly used as a flavouring component in various types of spiced tea and traditional desserts. Also, it is used as a mouth freshener by a huge number of individuals around the country. Due to its exceptional medical characteristics, it aids in lowering high blood pressure and removing poisonous substances from blood.
Health benefits of Green Cardamom:
Green cardamom, scientifically known as Elettaria cardamomum, is a popular spice used in cooking and traditional medicine. It has been associated with various potential health benefits, although it's important to note that scientific research is ongoing, and not all of these benefits have been definitively proven. Here are some potential health benefits of green cardamom:
1. Digestive Health: Cardamom has been traditionally used to aid digestion. It may help alleviate symptoms like indigestion, gas, and bloating. The spice contains compounds that can stimulate the production of enzymes responsible for digestion and enhance the movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract.
2. Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Green cardamom contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help reduce inflammation in the body. Chronic inflammation is linked to various health issues, including heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer.
3. Heart Health: Some studies suggest that cardamom may have a positive impact on heart health. It might help lower blood pressure by improving circulation and reducing oxidative stress. However, more research is needed to establish a clear connection.
4. Antioxidant Benefits: Green cardamom is rich in antioxidants, which can help neutralize harmful free radicals in the body. Antioxidants play a role in reducing oxidative stress and preventing cell damage.
5. Diabetes Management: There is some evidence to suggest that cardamom consumption might help regulate blood sugar levels. Certain compounds in cardamom may improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
6. Respiratory Health: Cardamom's aroma and compounds may have beneficial effects on respiratory health. It has been used in traditional medicine for coughs, colds, and respiratory congestion.
7. Oral Health: The antimicrobial properties of cardamom may contribute to oral health. Chewing cardamom seeds or using cardamom oil might help combat bad breath and prevent certain oral infections.
8. Aphrodisiac Properties: In some cultures, cardamom has been considered an aphrodisiac and a natural remedy for enhancing sexual health. However, scientific evidence for this benefit is limited.
9. Weight Management: Some animal studies have suggested that cardamom extract might help reduce weight gain and improve metabolic markers. However, human studies are needed to confirm these effects.
10. Stress and Anxiety Reduction: The pleasant aroma of cardamom has been used in aromatherapy for its potential to reduce stress and anxiety. Inhaling cardamom essential oil or using it in a diffuser may have a calming effect.